Monday 2 December 2019

Vecchia Signora tra le Viti



This image is another one of those that have haunted me for a long time. My original thoughts were to use the collage process but I couldn't massage it in Photoshop to my liking, or I'm still not wholly comfortable with the process. So my default method is raw applique.

Enlarging it and then tracing a cartoon and a second copy on fusible materials worked very well for the face and arms, but the head scarf was another matter.






For this I cut individual strips on the bias from a light weight poly knit. There is no distinct pattern but I hoped that there was enough interest in the design to give it some lift and texture.


 I fused a sharp fold in the material where it surrounds the face. For now the rest is pinned.
I'm sure I"m going to play with the folds for a while.






No comments:

Post a Comment