Monday 9 December 2019

The Garden - Confetti woes

I had just about finished pinning the first portion when I ran out of pins.
In retrospect it was a good thing.
I had the rest of the day sidetracked by other things and when I finally got back to the piece (with a new box of pins) I realized I wasn't happy with the presentation.

The sky was purple, mauve, what ever you want to call it but it sure wasn't blue. The other colours   brought out the purple that I really hadn't noticed up till then.

Replace it? Impossible.
Conceal it? Difficult.
Alter the visual with more blue. Very Doable.
I spent an hour taking out all the pins and carefully rolling back the tulle.
My scrap bag reveal enough multicolored soft shades to fill the remaining empty field.
Much better.


Now I can go back to repining



And THIS is how I pin.


I try to put most of the pins between the confetti pieces.
Why so many?
There is a lot of vibration in the material as you sew. The object is to tame the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment