Thursday 3 October 2019

New Month - October

My workshop last month came and went. We were all so busy and engaged nobody took any pictures.
But they went away happy and recharged to finish or start the landscape of their dreams.

It was interesting for me in a number of ways. When a person asked me a 'problem solving' question about their work, a crowd quickly gather to listen to the discussion. Every moment truly was a teaching moment. It became clear to me that a lot of choices I make in my own work are based on ideas other people don't automatically see, such as colour blocking and perspective.

So I hope to see some of the fruits of their labour soon.

Yesterday was a meeting of my home fibre art group.
One of our members is an avid journaler. So we all decided to give an honest try......for the rest of the year......every month.....with something to show at each of our gatherings.
As I sat there with my mouth open like a baby bird, some kind soul pointed out to my that this blog is a form of a journal....

I guess it is.
So it may not be too traumatic.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I'm behind in my commenting! I know how you feel about journaling - it would intimidate me too, even though I've kept a daily diary since 1967 when I started it as a Centennial project in school. Mine is a simple book that I scrawl a short note in every day and certainly not on the scale of some of the amazing journals other people produce. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete