Friday 21 December 2018

Mountain Pine - Day 3

I wanted to finish anchoring all the pieces and to see just how much quilting might be necessary.
I outlined all the snow and the rock varieties. Beyond that any stitching really didn't seem to show, so I can leave it and fill in as necessary at the end.
Just love that mono filament thread.

In addition to that work which fixed all the carefully butted 'snow' and tulle overlay, I put in the tree trunks. The two major ones are rolled and stitched and the rest were fused.


Most of the work for the next little while will be hoop and tulle work. Now that I'm at this point I can stop or pick it up for a few hours or a few minutes. As this part is similar to the piece I made in 2014 I don't think there will be any surprises.


That gives me time to shop, bake, cook a couple of major dinners, play with my grandson.
Clean? Well, as I have to do some baby proofing that might go hand in hand.

Have a Great Holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment