Wednesday 5 December 2018

Chekamus Canyon River - Day 10

Short day to day.
Things are really slowing down because every branch is planned.

Since I'm working with the really close images, even the branches show, so in response they're beefed up and stitched thoroughly.


The picture shows the size of the individual stitches. I'm working with a very slow stitch and dragging the thread out up to between half an inch and a quarter of an inch.

 



 I didn't want to use my very best threads yet so this is all being done with inexpensive serging thread. At this speed it stands up very well, but I'm going through a lot.


The look is very life like. To anchor the stitches to the background, I'm tacking down the ends of the loops. I haven't cut the netting away nearly anywhere near the precision of the trees before hand as I think the structure would still be fragile. Having more netting helps in the security.



The last pictures show the three sessions in place.
You can see that progress is slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment