Sunday 13 June 2021

Forest Path - Day 9

I was going to start stitching the trees in place but then I remembered I needed to be able to lift the edges and slip the mosey/lichen and grass in behind

I had started with the grass in the distance but now as I reached some of the more prominent trees, placing the moss in and around the flutes of the bases required pain staking tweezer and mini iron work.

I made up several patches of fused mixed rovings.  Each different colour or blend was fit, cut and lightly touched with the mini iron to melt the glue and anchor. I did over lay some more colours this way but I found it's hazardous to try to apply glue backed bits of wool over another glued bit of wool. The iron wanted to lift everything. It seemed I had one pass or try only. It was better to mix the colours as a patch and work from there.

Very slow 3 hours, but really rewarding. 





No comments:

Post a Comment