Friday 30 April 2021

OOOoooooo Quilting

It's been a long time since I tackled a full size quilt and this one is actually larger than most at 95"x135"

I wasn't really looking forward to it as it hung over my head while I worked on the videos over the last month. Once I got them off the table I could think about this Orange (not my favourite colour) quilt. 

It took me a full day to mount it and cut an install the batting bar. I don't always use that but bar, this one had too much batting to let it lie on the floor. I did have a loose design in mind but it had been so long I had to spend some time drawing it in the air and with the empty machine. 

The other issue was my workable space on my Long Arm is only 18 inches. This quilt had black borders top and bottom almost 24 in depth. I had to break the pattern and apply it in two passes.

But as soon as that orange thread hit the black I was entranced and worked long past the number of hours I like to spend on my feet. This is going to be OK.

I'll sleep better tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment