Thursday 12 March 2020

Knot Bag

Last week was pretty much a loss for working. I spent a lot of time cleaning for my turn of hosting our local SAQA pod. The up side is my spring cleaning is done.
The down side is we were all together when it was announced the InternationalConference being held in Toronto, in Canada for the first time, was cancelled out of concern for the novel Covid -19 virus. There were tears and a lot of disappointed participants.

A few days later my small fibre art's group met.
We had a good turnout and decided to try holding daytime meeting as the rule. I for one really like that. I'm not too keen at going out after supper anymore. I have a comfy couch that calls to me every evening after supper.

So over the week and weekend I worked on this piece. Using a 'boro' technique taken from the Sashiko process of repairing and layering clothing, we decided to make a small Knot bag.

Here's mine. Made entirely from hubby's sand-washed shirts, some day I'll remember that tight weaves are not fun for hand stitching.
I used it this morning for a quick trip out to buy more embroidery thread for my Spanish lady.





1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the Conference will be re-scheduled for when all this is over with and wasn't totally cancelled. I'm with you in not liking to go out in the evenings unless I have to.

    ReplyDelete