Tuesday 18 September 2018

End of Summer

I finally have a little time to breathe. It's been a long time since I've posted anything, a month? I think. Not quite.

The SAQA show in Burlington has closed. I'm delighted to say that one of my pieces was chosen to travel.

Deer Park
But ....... then it sold.
My other entry will travel in it's stead, for two years, around Northern Ontario.

Forest Violets
There is always a pang when something you're fond of sells, but then, as I tell my friends, I have more wall space to show something new.

An old favourite I had gifted to my sister in BC has gone to Taiwan. I had told her to place an 'impossible' price so it could remain in her home .....but it sold this summer.


I've worked on a few quilts for others, leading up to the Guild Show the end of this month.

AND

I finished the hand quilting on my Snow Days. Picture to come when the weather is nicer. 😅

I haven't touched the Bears. But my Grizzly also did some traveling. A SAQA friend ask to borrow it to use in a presentation she was giving to another group about felting. I think he's coming home today.


SO, today I'll throw a 'wedding' quilt on my LA frame and then work on the binding for the Guild Show quilt. The show is the Sept. 29 & 20.

It's going to be another week before I can return to my bears.

(But nothing will get done if I don't get moving. Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment