Wednesday 19 November 2014

Tofino Trail - 3

It's been a full month since I last worked on this piece; time enough to mull over a few things?

"since you've been gone" (ha ha), a lot of little things were added or changed.
I chose and mounted a background for this piece. I had decided I would use as much of my own dyed material as possible but as most of this will be hidden I used a "cheater" fabric. Great for where there are little holes in the scene and the right colour and light needs to filter through.

Walkway? not yet.

 
 
The fabric folds are anchored with both glue and stitch.
I dyed a little bit of cheese cloth black, primarily to wrap the exposed wool roving but also to add additional texture.
 

 
 
Using hooped netting I manufactured and added some moss and some ferns.
There is a wooden walkway at the very bottom of this view so it needs to be dealt with next. It will be almost entirely hidden, but it needs to be there.

Ps We're still only working on the back and mid ground. All the white areas will be concealed or cut away. I'm also thinking a little Fauna might be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment